Thursday, July 26, 2012

Order Out Of Chaos
Mundi exigere ordinem. 

“Children of the World Dream of Peace” diptych part 1 by Leo Tanguma, One of Those Cryptic Murals  at the Denver Airport

Now some of these cryptic murals at the mysterious Denver Airport are beginning to make sense.
This one is especially morbid and would be very much at home on the cover of some Death Metal band's record. The sheets of paper at the lower portion of the painting on the right contain these words:

I once was a little child who longed for other worlds
but I am no more a child for I have known fear
I have learned to hate how tragic, then, is youth
which lives with enemies, with gallows ropes.
Yet, I still believe I only sleep today. that I’ll wake up,
a child again, and start to laugh and play.

Hama Herchenberg, 14 years old..died December 18, 1943
Auschwitz Concentration camp”.

Painting and quotation Found at Mountain Weekly News, April 12, 2011  

The Happy Ending?

"Children of the World Dream of Peace" dipytch part 2 by Leo Tanguma


No comments: