Sunday, October 18, 2009

D'où venons-nous? / Qui sommes-nous? / Où allons-nous?- P. Gauguin, 1897
Boston Museum of Fine Arts, where this large painting (54 3/4 x 147 1/2 in.) may be visited


Who am I? How Did I Get Here? Where Am I Going,
Or, The Why Ask Those Existential Questions Two Step


Click the above title for the hyperlink to my story in the Summer/Fall 2009 "Inside the Grassy Knoll" ezine. It gives a little of my biographical information and an existential outlook on the world in two pages. It finishes up with two personal ghost stories: one that was there and one that wasn't.

Positive existentialism:

"If success or failure of this planet and of human beings depended on how I am and what I do... ... HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?"- R. Buckminster Fuller


Negative existentialism:

"Hell is other people."- Jean Paul Sartre

You need both in the broth.

No comments: