Saturday, November 07, 2009

The master, Alfred Hitchcock
"Blondes make the best victims. They're like virgin snow that shows up the bloody footprints."

Eva Marie Saint in North By Northwest
“I tend to love stories about people and not cop shows and violence, special effects. And some of the things I see, I'm not prudish, I'm not Pollyanna, but I thought North by Northwest was as sexy as you can get and we had all our clothes on.”


January Jones in Mad Men
"I choose roles that are not me."

Betty Draper Is The Perfect Hitchcock Blond

Betty Draper in the superb AMC series Mad Men played by the wonderful January Jones seems to be modeled on the Hitchcock archtype of the icy untouchable blond as exemplified by Eva Marie Saint. Don Draper had better be careful.

Songs from January Jones' iTunes Celebrity Playlist:

Pearl's Dream-Bat For Lashes
Into the Ocean-Blue October
Quelcu'un M'a Dit-Carla Bruni
Lullaby-The Cure
Cumulus-Imogen Heap
Crabbuckit-K-OS
This Woman's Work-Maxwell
Quiet Dog-Mos Def
Father and Daughter-Paul Simon
Roads-Portishead
Climbing Up the Walls-Radiohead
Break It Down Again-Tears For Fears
Ramalama (Bang Bang)-Róisín Murphy
Wildflowers-Tom Petty

No comments: